- Former press secretary Kayleigh McEnany reported she didn’t lie in the White Dwelling briefing room.
- She wrote in a new e-book that she never ever lied because she went to Harvard, Oxford, and Georgetown.
- She also wrote that she was not misleading simply because she was a Christian and a mother.
Former White Dwelling press secretary Kayleigh McEnany wrote in her new memoir that she did not lie to reporters and the public while serving in the Trump administration mainly because she was trained at elite universities and was a Christian.
McEnany recalled becoming asked by the White Home push corps in the course of her very first briefing as President Donald Trump’s fourth push secretary in May possibly 2020 to pledge to hardly ever lie from the podium. She promised she would not and wrote in “For These a Time As This” that she was a truthful particular person by mother nature and teaching.
“Of class, I would never ever lie,” she wrote. “How do you get as a result of Oxford, Harvard, and Georgetown without sourcing? With out truthful, nicely-sourced, perfectly-investigated information and facts? More importantly, as a woman of faith, a Christian, and a new mother, telling the truth of the matter was in my character and central to my relatives daily life and faith walk.”
In the course of her ebook, McEnany was important of the push, apart from conservative retailers, and regularly accused outlets of owning a liberal bias and reporting unfairly about the administration. She wrote that her assurance that she would not lie didn’t increase her marriage with the press: It “did not prevent some in the press from spinning matters wildly out of context, twisting my terms, assuming the worst, and partaking in ad hominem assaults — like falsely calling me a ‘liar.'”
Through her time as push secretary, McEnany falsely said, amongst other things:
- Trump by no means downplayed the threat of the novel coronavirus.
- He told the veteran reporter Bob Woodward on tape that he lied about the severity of the virus so the general public would not worry. Multiple reviews have given that corroborated that.
- Trump gained the 2020 presidential election.
- He misplaced to Joe Biden by additional than 7 million votes and shed the Electoral School by a margin of 232 to Biden’s 306.
- The Mueller report concluded with “the full and total exoneration of President Trump.”
- The particular counsel’s workforce declined to make a judgment on no matter whether to cost Trump with a criminal offense mainly because of a long time-aged Justice Department lawful steering. But it specified: “If we had self confidence immediately after a thorough investigation of the information that the President evidently did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so condition. Centered on the facts and the relevant lawful standards, having said that, we are not able to achieve that judgment.”
- One particular million people today attended the “Million MAGA March” following the November 2020 election in assistance of Trump.
- As Insider earlier reported, numerous news shops approximated that attendance was someplace in the hundreds, and PolitiFact included: “It truly is mathematically unattainable for much more than 135,000 men and women to suit in the spot that McEnany tweeted a photograph of.”
- Democrats facilitated widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.
- McEnany’s claims were so outlandish that Fox Information anchor Neil Cavuto cut absent as she spoke in the briefing room on November 9, times soon after news outlets experienced known as the election for Biden. “Whoa, whoa, whoa,” he reported. “I just imagine we have to be quite apparent: She’s charging the other facet as welcoming fraud and unlawful voting, except she has a lot more specifics to back that up, I cannot in excellent countenance continue on to show you this.”
- “Biden admits to voter fraud.”
- In October 2020, McEnany tweeted, “Biden admits to voter fraud,” accompanied by an edited and out-of-context video of Biden executing an job interview on “Pod Preserve The usa.” In the full job interview, Biden answered a query about what he would say to these who hadn’t voted in the 2020 election and didn’t approach to. He explained: “The Republicans are performing every little thing they can to make it more durable for individuals to vote. We have set together, I feel, the most comprehensive and inclusive voter-fraud group in the historical past of American politics.”